|News & Analysis|
Feb. 25, 2011
1. 5 Mistakes That Lead Surgery Centers to Lose Money on Spine.
2. 50 Best Hospitals in America.
3. DEA Agents Arrest Physicians, Owners in Florida Pill Mill Raid.
4. Register today for the 9th Annual Orthopedic, Spine and Pain Management-Driven ASC Conference - Improving Profitability and Business and Legal Issues (June 9-11, Chicago). Features 101 sessions and 134 speakers, including 25 CEOs and 30 physician leaders as speakers, focused on immediately useful guidance for orthopedic, spine and pain management surgeons who own ASCs. See below for additional information. If interested in sponsoring or exhibit at this event, e-mail Jessica Cole at email@example.com or call (800) 417-2035.
5. Selling Your Surgery Center in a New Economy: 3 Things You Should Expect.
Written by Kenny Hancock of Meridian Surgical Partners
.6. 7 Lax Habits of Otherwise Highly Effective Surgeons.
7. Tennessee Anesthesiologist Pleads Guilty to Overbilling Medicare. 8. 10 Observations and Predictions on the ASC Acquisition Market. 9. How Does Your Compensation Compare?: 15 Statistics for Ophthalmologists. 10. Rachel Fields has been promoted to managing editor of Becker's ASC Review. Molly Gamble and Laura Miller have been promoted to editors of lists and research projects for all Becker's publications.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: Surgical Notes
, Laser Spine Institute
and ASD Management
|9th Annual Orthopedic, Spine and |
ASC Conference (June 9-11; Chicago)
Hear keynote speakers including Legendary NFL Football Player and Coach Mike Ditka and Healthcare Futurist Joe Flower, and learn practical guidance to boost your ASC's profitability immediately at the 9th Annual Orthopedic, Spine and Pain Management-Driven ASC Conference: Improving Profitability and Business and Legal Issues (June 9-11; Chicago). Less than 290 registration spots remain; reserve your spot today! Highlights include: 1. 101 sessions and 134 speakers, including 25 CEOs and 30 physician leaders as speakers, focused on immediately useful guidance for orthopedic, spine and pain management surgeons who own ambulatory surgical centers
2. Great keynote speakers including legendary NFL Coach Mike Ditka and Healthcare Futurist Joe Flower3. Last year's event included 725 attendees and 65 exhibitors4. Register before May 1 and save $100; additional discounts when registering 2 or more attendees, and for ASC Association members and paid Becker's ASC Review subscribers5. Here are just four of the more than 100 sessions:
A. Navigating an Orthopedic Practice and its ASCs Through a Changing Healthcare Environment - David Fitzgerald, CEO, Proliance Surgeons.
B. Co-Management Relationships With HOPDs - Scott Safriet, AVA, Principal, Healthcare Appraisers, and Kristian Werling, JD, Partner, McGuireWoods LLP
C. The State of the ASC Industry - Andrew Hayek, CEO, Surgical Care Affiliates
D. Orthopedics - The Next Five Years - John Cherf, MD, MPH, MBA, President, OrthoIndexLearn more about the conference by clicking here.
Register online by clicking here. You can also call (703) 836-5904 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. To sponsor or exhibit at the conference, contact Jessica Cole at email@example.com.