|News and Analysis|
Feb. 13, 2012
1. Analysis: Aetna Alleges Fraud and Kickbacks Against Out-of-Network ASC Providers Who Forgive Patients' Financial Responsibility. Written by John A. Mills, JD, Fenton Nelson.
2. 7 Serious Effects of Anesthesia Drug Shortages on Surgery Centers.
3. Nueterra Becomes Owner and Manager of Michigan Joint-Venture ASC.
4. Free Webinar: How Anesthesia Care Team Model Can Contribute. Robert Farrar, MD, JD, of Somnia, Brent Sommer, CRNA, of Desert Regional Medical Center, and Frank Schramm, MD, of Providence Regional Medical Center, discuss how a blended caer team model of anesthesiologists and nurse anesthetists can help a hospital maintain clinical quality excellence. Tues, Feb. 28, 2012, 1:15-2:15 PM CST. Click here to register.
5. 5 Future IT Needs for Surgery Centers.
6. Regent Surgical Health Names Andrea Woodell Director of Managed Care.
7. Surgery Center, Fertilization Clinic Proposed for Chicago Suburb.
8. The "Unsafe Triangle": Why Dr. Scott Glaser Believes Traditional Approaches to Transforaminal Epidural Steroid Injections Increase the Risk of Paraplegia.
9. Free Webinar: ASCs - Key Strategic and Business Ideas for 2012. Jeff Peo, Jimbo Cross and Donna Greene of ASCOA and Melissa Szabad of McGuireWoods discuss questions and opportunities facing the ASC industry. Moderated by Scott Becker. Weds, Feb. 29, 2012, 1:15-2:15 CST. Click here to register.
10. ASC Association PAC Raises $106k, Achieves Several Regulatory Goals in 2011.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: ASCOA, Provation, Surgical Notes, and ASD Management.