TN's TriStar Centennial Opens Endoscopy Center
TriStar Centennial Medical Center in Nashville, Tenn., has announced it has opened a new endoscopy center, according to a news release.
The Centennial Endoscopy Center is located on the TriStar Centennial campus. Physicians at the center will perform a variety of endoscopy procedures, including colonoscopies and gastroscopies.
"Our vision for the new endoscopy unit was for the Nashville and surrounding areas to have easier access to be able to receive their 'screening colonoscopies' in one area on campus as opposed to several different areas," said Melissa Dukes, RN, CGRN, manager of the endoscopy center, in the release. "With more and more people needing to have these procedures performed, the easier the access, the more likely they are to have it done — thus decreasing the chance of having a preventable cancer."
Related Articles on Endoscopy:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Buying in bulk, just in time purchasing, consignment: Which supply-ordering pattern is right for your ASC?
- 5 key ways to strengthen the surgeon-anesthesiologist relationship
- 10 Mayo Clinic innovations you probably don't know about
- The rise of employer-based insurance exchanges: 5 things to know
- 7 trends in employer health benefits