|February Special Issue of Becker's ASC Review|
Feb. 2, 2011
Download the Digital Edition of the February Special Becker's ASC Review (pdf).
1. 10 Key Trends for Surgery Centers in 2011.
2. ASC Transactions and Pricing During 2010: 4 Key Concepts.
3. 50 New ASCs Opened in 2010.
4. Now Available: Conference Brochure and Prospectus for 9th Annual Orthopedic, Spine and Pain Management-Driven ASC Conference: Improving Profitability and Business and Legal Issues. Highlights Include 101 Sessions, 134 Speakers; Great Keynote Speakers Including Mike Ditka, Legendary NFL Football Player and Coach, and Joe Flower, Healthcare Futurist, CEO, The Change Project.
5. Publisher's Letter: 15 Questions for 2011; 9th Annual Orthopedic, Spine and Pain Management-Driven ASC Conference (June 9-11, Chicago) - 101 Sessions and 134 Speakers.
6. New Head of ASC Association William Prentice Shares Thoughts on the Industry.
7. 5 Ways to Increase Surgery Center Distributions in 2011.
8. MedPAC Calls for 0.5% Pay Rise, New Reporting for ASCs; 1 Percent Pay Hike for Physicians.
9. NovaMed to Be Acquired by Surgery Partners, Go Private.
10. Irving Place Capital to Acquire National Surgical Hospitals.
11. 10 Factors Affecting an ASC's Sales Price.
12. Analysis of ASC Data Suggests a Mature ASC Market.
13. 8 Insights Into Successful Hospital-ASC Joint Ventures.
14. 10 Things to Know About Co-Management Relationships in Conversions of ASCs to HOPDs.
15. 8 Factors That Make Your ASC Risky for Buyers.
16. 4 Mistakes That Cause Surgery Centers to Fail.
17. Owning a Surgery Center: The Best Investment I Will Ever Make.
18. CMS Adjusts 2011 Medicare Conversion Factor for Physician Fees.
19. 3 Common Complaints From ASC Physicians - And How to Avoid Them.
20. Surgery Center Benchmark for Waiting Room Times: Q&A With Ann Geier and Susan Kizirian of ASCOA.
21. Nevada Surgery Centers See Nearly 300% Increase in Inspection Fees.
22. 4 Ways Anesthesia Provision Will Change in the Next Five Years.
23. 5 Opportunities for Gastroenterologists in 2011.
24. AMA Clarifies Fluoroscopy Coding Guidance.
25. 5 Changes to CPT Codes in 2011.
26. OIG Issues Report on Improper Billing of Surgery Center Services for Skilled Nursing Facility Stays.
27. 4 Common Medicare Violations Found by Inspectors of Surgery Centers.
28. Medicare Clarifies Same-Day History and Physical Guidance for Surgery Centers.
29. 5 Things Every ASC Should Do to Reduce Supply Costs.
View these stories and download the entire issue.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: ASCOA
, ASD Management
, Interventional Management Services
and Surgical Notes