|News & Analysis|
Jan. 28, 2011
1. Dow Jones Sues to Open Physician Payment Database, Look for Fraud. AMA Responds to Lawsuit.
2. Pinnacle III Announces Opening of Wisconsin Surgery Center in Wausau.
Learn more about Pinnacle III
3. Surgical Care Affiliates Enters Into Agreement With Health System, Two Organizations for North Carolina Surgery Center.
Learn more about Surgical Care Affiliates
4. Outpatient Spine: 6 Big Questions.
Written by Jeff Leland of Blue Chip Surgical Center Partners
5. Valuing Physician Practices: Providing Clarity Amidst a Sea of Uncertainty.
Written by Jason Ruchaber of HealthCare Appraisers
6. Seeking nominations for "25 ASC Leaders Under 40" for the May/June issue of Becker's ASC Review. Submit your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org. To advertise in this issue, please contact Jessica Cole at email@example.com or call (800) 417-2035.
7. 5 Ways to Retain Non-Owner ASC Surgeons in an Oversaturated Market.
8. Competing Alabama Hospitals Ask State to Require Surgery Center CON for Helen Keller Hospital.
9. Physicians Criticize Hospira's Decision to Halt Anesthetic Production.
10. 10 Big Anti-Kickback Cases Involving Hospitals in 2010.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: Surgical Notes
, ASC Billing Associates
and Laser Spine Institute