Meridian Surgical Partners Acquires Ohio's Eastwind Surgical
Meridian Surgical Partners has announced it has acquired a majority interest of Eastwind Surgical in Westerville, Ohio.
The ambulatory surgery center, which was established in 2007 by the members of Central Ohio Neurological Surgeons, specializes in outpatient neurosurgery and pain management procedures, according to a Meridian news release.
"We are extremely optimistic about our new partnership with Eastwind Surgical," said David F. "Buddy" Bacon Jr., CEO of Meridian Surgical Partners, in the release. "The physician-partners, management and staff have created a very impressive facility and have an impeccable reputation for providing the highest quality of care to their patients. We are pleased to be working with them."
Eastwind Surgical is an AAAHC-accredited and Medicare-certified ASC.
"Eastwind Surgical is excited about our partnership with Meridian," said Robert J. Gewirtz, MD, a physician-partner at the facility, in the release. "We look forward to continuing our commitment to excellence as we provide technically advanced outpatient surgery offerings to our patients in the Columbus area."
Meridian currently partners with physicians in 16 ASCs. Of those, Meridian has acquired 11 facilities, opened two surgery centers and is developing three more centers scheduled to open later in 2011.
Learn more about Meridian Surgical Partners.
More Articles Featuring Meridian Surgical Partners:
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Dr. Liza Capiendo Named Chief of Colon & Rectal Surgery at Cedars Sinai
- AGA Research Foundation & Pfizer Offer $200k Grant for IBD Research
- N.J. Assemblyman Lou Greenwald to Visit The Endo Center at Voorhees for Colorectal Cancer Screening Day
- AAPC: 3 Tips on Selecting Proper ICD-10 Codes
- National Medical Billing Services CEO Nader Samii Speaks at Annual Healthcare & Life Sciences Private Equity and Finance Conference