1. New York Payor Clarifies Out-of-Network Billing Agreements Sent to Physicians Following Pressure From AMA, State Medical Societies.
2. Indiana Health System Sues OrthoIndy Over New Surgery Center.
3. New York Podiatrist Indicted on 28 Counts of Healthcare Fraud.
4. 8th Annual Orthopedic, Spine and Pain Management Driven ASC Conference (June
10-12, 2010; Chicago). 112 expert speakers and 91 sessions on improving
the profitability of orthopedic, spine and pain management ASCs. Brochure now available.
5. Tag Team Recruitment - 6 Steps to
Drive Profitably: A Success Story From Melville, N.Y., by Tyler
Merrill, ASCOA VP, With David Benisch, MD.
6. 12 Best Practices, Lessons Learned and Future Goals for Spine Surgery ASCs.
7. Regent Surgical Health CEO Tom Mallon Appointed to the Board of Physician Hospitals of America.
8. Seeking Hospital-Owned/Surgeon-Managed ASCs. We are seeking examples of successful
hospital-owned ASCs that contract through a group
(LLC) of surgeons for management. We have had an inquiry from a hospital seeking information
regarding such arrangements. If you are aware of such an ASC, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or reply to the E-weekly.
Learn More About Our Featured E-Weekly Advertisers: AHP
, HealthMark Partners