Data Transparency: Where It's Headed in Healthcare
A NextServices blog post recently examined the boom in healthcare data and where trends are heading.
While there are several datasets out there for medical information — including Medicare, Department of Health and Human Services and openFDA — transparency hasn't fully taken effect. According to the post, in the UK the OpenData reveals 652 National Health Service datasets.
The transparent data will impact how healthcare decisions are made, and several companies are working to make the data more efficient, clear and protected against fraud.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Health Insurance Premiums Under the PPACA: 5 Things to KnowRead Now
- Qui tam suits on the rise emphasizes need for ASC compliance plans
- To prevent patient leakage, turn to technology
- Real estate considerations for ASCs
- The Amazon.com for ASCs: Using collaborative consumption to improve the bottom line
- Lolo Jones shares lessons for overcoming failure at Becker's ASC Annual Meeting