20 Statistics on Patient Visits for Key ASC Specialties
Physician Compensation Report 2012.
• 39 percent report spending 30 to 40 hours seeing patients per week
• Around 35 percent report seeing patients for 40 to 50 hours per week
• 30 percent report seeing more than 125 patients per week (slightly less than in 2011)
• Around 36 percent of ophthalmologists report spending nine to 12 minutes with patients on average
• 23 percent report seeing patients for 30 to 40 hours per week
• Around 38 percent report seeing patients for 41 to 50 hours per week
• 24 percent report seeing 50 to 70 patients per week while 35 percent report seeing 76 to 124
• Around 60 percent report spending at least 17 minutes with each patient, on average
• 24 percent report seeing patients for 41 to 50 hours per week
• Another 19 percent report seeing patients for less than 30 hours per week, a significant increase over 2011
• Around one-third reported having 25 to 49 patient visits per week, while slightly less than a third report 50 to 75 patient visits per week
• Half of general surgeons reported spending nine to 16 minutes with patients on average
• Slightly more than 25 percent report spending 30 to 40 hours with patients per week
• Another 27 percent report spending 41 to 50 hours seeing patients per week
• Almost half of orthopedic surgeons report seeing 50 to 99 patients per week while around 20 percent report seeing 100 to 124 patients per week
• 62 percent of orthopedic surgeons report spending nine to 16 minutes with each patient on average
• Nearly 25 percent report spending 30 to 40 hours per week seeing patients, slightly higher than in 2011
• 36 percent of respondents report spending 41 to 50 hours with patients per week
• 46 percent report seeing 76 to 124 patients per week, while 20 percent report seeing 50 to 75 patients per week
• 37 percent report spending 13 to 16 minutes with each patient on average, while 38 percent report spending less than 13 minutes per patient
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
5 Keys to ASC Strength in the Future From Hudson Valley Ambulatory Surgery Center
5 Ways Positive ASC Employee Culture Translates to Profitability
10 New ASC Openings & Expansions
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Randy Oostra, Michael Sanborn, and Dr. Michael Schatzlein to Speak at Becker's Hospital Meeting
- 6 Questions to Help Identify the Best Candidates for Hire
- Medical Device Industry leader to Know: Guntmar Eisen of Paradigm Spine
- Unique Methods of Payment: Opportunities for ASCs?
- ASC M&A Activity: 4 Big Trends for 2014 From HealthCare Appraisers