Zacks: Outpatient Stocks Have an Edge
In light of both the Veterans Affairs scheduling scandal and recent articles confirming the much lower costs of outpatient treatment while attaining similar or higher levels of patient satisfaction than hospitals, the analysts note: "It is clear from these factors that outpatient clinics or surgical centers can fill a crucial gap in the healthcare system. On one hand, they can cater to the large numbers of patients whom hospitals are unable to cater to. At the same time, they offer several procedures at lower costs, making them cost effective options for patients."
The post also promoted AmSurg Corp. as a stock with a "good Zacks rank," potential to grow in the current healthcare environment and as a "good addition to your portfolio.
More Articles on Turnarounds:
5 Tips for Keeping Meeting Momentum
Medline Enters Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Market
7 Things for ASC Leaders to Know for Monday
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- LifeBond's surgical sealant kit receives FDA IDE approval: 4 things to know
- What is the evidence for using FMT to treat IBD? 5 insights
- Saint Francis Healthcare System adds Dr. Jason Conway: 3 observations
- Premise Health receives AAAHC accreditation for health centers: 5 key notes
- Humana to leave most ACA exchanges after losing $1B: 5 notes