Zacks: Outpatient Stocks Have an Edge
In light of both the Veterans Affairs scheduling scandal and recent articles confirming the much lower costs of outpatient treatment while attaining similar or higher levels of patient satisfaction than hospitals, the analysts note: "It is clear from these factors that outpatient clinics or surgical centers can fill a crucial gap in the healthcare system. On one hand, they can cater to the large numbers of patients whom hospitals are unable to cater to. At the same time, they offer several procedures at lower costs, making them cost effective options for patients."
The post also promoted AmSurg Corp. as a stock with a "good Zacks rank," potential to grow in the current healthcare environment and as a "good addition to your portfolio.
More Articles on Turnarounds:
5 Tips for Keeping Meeting Momentum
Medline Enters Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Market
7 Things for ASC Leaders to Know for Monday
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- North America leads global infection control market with 39.5% market share: 5 takeaways
- 'Nightmare bacteria ' making its way across US facilities baffles researchers: 4 things to know
- Allergan to pay $15M fine for not disclosing 2014 merger talks in timely manner & more— 6 GI company key notes
- 10 ASC revenue cycle trends and developments to watch in 2017
- Investment alternatives to reduce portfolio risk