Who is Hillary Clinton's personal physician, Dr. Lisa Bardack? 5 things to know
Earlier this month, fake medical records about Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton circulated around the internet, claiming that she suffered from memory loss and seizures.
In a statement to FactCheck.org, Clinton's personal physician Lisa Bardack, MD, said: "I have recently been made aware of allegedly 'leaked' medical documents regarding Secretary Clinton with my name on them. These documents are false, were not written by me and are not based on any medical facts."
This controversy is not Dr. Bardack's first time publicly commenting on Ms. Clinton. In 2015, she released a two-page healthcare statement, in which she described Ms. Clinton's current medications, recent physical examination and treatment history, concluding that "she is in excellent physical condition."
Here are five things to know about Dr. Bardack:
1. She is board-certified in internal medicine.
2. She serves as the director of internal medicine for Mount Sinai Health System at CareMount Medical in New York state.
3. She is a diplomate of the American Board of Internal Medicine.
4. She has been Ms. Clinton's personal physician since 2001.
5. She earned her medical degree at New York University School of Medicine in New York City. She went on to complete her residency in internal medicine at New York Hospital-Weill Cornell Medical Center, also located in New York City.
More articles on the 2016 presidential election:
Who is Donald Trump's gastroenterologist, Dr. Harold Bornstein?: 5 things to know
8 Hillary Clinton quotes on healthcare — 'I want you to understand why I am fighting so hard for the Affordable Care Act'
8 Donald Trump quotes on healthcare — 'Repeal it, replace it, get something great!'
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- 8 statistics on NP, PA salary and satisfaction
- 4 strategies for ASC leaders to successfully lead a team
- UnitedHealth Group pushes back expiration date on SCA offer exchange; Medical Facilities Corp. increases surgical volume by 7.6% in FY 2016 & more — 5 notes
- Nurse leadership primer: 20 key points on finding, supporting & being a great nurse leader
- GI leader to know: Dr. Brett Thorpe of Provo Gastroenterology