Top 5 Specialties That Have Seen an Increase in Pay
Medscape Physician Compensation Report 2014.
According to the report, the top five specialties that saw an increase in pay between 2012 and 2013 were:
• Rheumatology — 15 percent
• Psychiatry and mental health — 6 percent
• General surgery — 6 percent
• Ophthalmology — 5 percent
• Pediatrics — 5 percent
The report includes responses from more than 24,000 physicians in 25 specialties.
More Articles on Practice Management:28% of Orthopedic Surgeons Currently, Plan to Participate in ACOs
10 Ways to Improve Collections at Medical Practices
7 Ways to Earn Respect, Rather Than Demand It
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Northstar Healthcare names Harry Fleming presidentRead Now
- Boosting pay at eye centers: Q&A with Bergen-Passaic Cataract Surgery Center's Caroline Ivanovski-Hauser
- American Society of Anesthesiologists launches Perioperative Surgical Home Learning Collaborative
- 5 surgical time-out solutions
- New anesthesia algorithm boosts sleep apnea diagnoses, saves lives
- Humble leaders could be the most profitable: here's why