Top 5 paying specialties for young physicians
Orthopedics came out on top as the highest paying specialty for young physicians, according to "Medscape Young Physicians Compensation Report 2016."
Medscape surveyed 19,200 physicians in more than 26 specialties. Of that total, 4,162 respondents were under 40 years old, qualifying as 'young physicians.'
The top five highest-paying specialties include:
1. Orthopedics — $329,000
2. Dermatology — $312,000
3. Anesthesiology — $309,000
4. Cardiology — $307,000
5. Gastroenterology — $294,000
More healthcare news:
Sen. Bernie Sanders among senators demanding answers from Aetna about ACA withdrawal — 6 takeaways
7 things for ASC leaders to know — Sept. 12, 2016
Many physicians are concerned over Hillary Clinton's health — 5 insights
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Non-Medicaid expansion states could gain up to $27.9B in savings by expanding program: 4 takeaways
- Senate committee advances vote on Trump's FDA pick Dr. Scott Gottlieb
- GI leader to know: Dr. Michael Sagatelian of Palmetto Digestive Health Specialists
- Drs. Todd Baron & Kevin Collier: 2 GI physicians in the headlines
- New Century Spine and Outpatient Surgical Institute installs Indigo-Clean disinfecting lights