Top 5 paying specialties for young physicians
Orthopedics came out on top as the highest paying specialty for young physicians, according to "Medscape Young Physicians Compensation Report 2016."
Medscape surveyed 19,200 physicians in more than 26 specialties. Of that total, 4,162 respondents were under 40 years old, qualifying as 'young physicians.'
The top five highest-paying specialties include:
1. Orthopedics — $329,000
2. Dermatology — $312,000
3. Anesthesiology — $309,000
4. Cardiology — $307,000
5. Gastroenterology — $294,000
More healthcare news:
Sen. Bernie Sanders among senators demanding answers from Aetna about ACA withdrawal — 6 takeaways
7 things for ASC leaders to know — Sept. 12, 2016
Many physicians are concerned over Hillary Clinton's health — 5 insights
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Evaluating pain management protocols in the age of new patient care models
- Are more physician-owned hospitals on the horizon? Legislation introduced to lift the ban
- Trump plans to roll out healthcare plan in March — 4 points
- 10 most common sentinel events in Q2 2016
- Patient expectation correlates to physician antibodies prescribing patterns