Surgical Care Affiliates, Medline Pen 5-Year Deal
The new five-year agreement is expected to be worth approximately $175 million over time. As of March 31, 2014, SCA owned and operated a national network of 175 ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals in 34 states.
"Medline consistently helps us provide more efficient service to our physicians and patients," said Vice President of Supply Chain for SCA Chris Klassen. "Medline's manufacturer-direct model and supply chain efficiencies help reduce our cost and at the same time enhance our service levels and improve our profitability in a period when all healthcare providers are facing significant economic challenges."
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
5 Elements of Successful Emergency Management for ASCs
Price Transparency Will Save $100B: How ASCs Are Taking Advantage
5 Methods for All-Star Managed Care Contract Negotiations
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- SourceMed, Change Healthcare partner on outpatient medical billing services: 5 key points
- Change Healthcare and SourceMed partner in order to create integrated billing solutions for outpatient providers
- 5 risks ASC owners face when they don't have a succession plan
- 5 things to know about AAAHC's Dr. Arnaldo Valedon
- Global capsule endoscopy market to grow at CAGR 14.8% until 2020: 5 trends