Surgical Care Affiliates, Medline Pen 5-Year Deal
The new five-year agreement is expected to be worth approximately $175 million over time. As of March 31, 2014, SCA owned and operated a national network of 175 ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals in 34 states.
"Medline consistently helps us provide more efficient service to our physicians and patients," said Vice President of Supply Chain for SCA Chris Klassen. "Medline's manufacturer-direct model and supply chain efficiencies help reduce our cost and at the same time enhance our service levels and improve our profitability in a period when all healthcare providers are facing significant economic challenges."
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
5 Elements of Successful Emergency Management for ASCs
Price Transparency Will Save $100B: How ASCs Are Taking Advantage
5 Methods for All-Star Managed Care Contract Negotiations
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
11 innovative apps for ASC administratorsRead Now
- June 2015 Issue of Becker's ASC Review
- Mercy Health and Kyruus partner to better match patients with providers: 5 things to know
- Arizona's Banner Health Network uses eClinicalWorks for electronic health records: 4 key notes
- 10 things for ASC leaders to know about CON programs
- 5 key trends for successful ASCs to know from AAAHC CEO Stephen Martin Jr.