Surgical Care Affiliates, Medline Pen 5-Year Deal
The new five-year agreement is expected to be worth approximately $175 million over time. As of March 31, 2014, SCA owned and operated a national network of 175 ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals in 34 states.
"Medline consistently helps us provide more efficient service to our physicians and patients," said Vice President of Supply Chain for SCA Chris Klassen. "Medline's manufacturer-direct model and supply chain efficiencies help reduce our cost and at the same time enhance our service levels and improve our profitability in a period when all healthcare providers are facing significant economic challenges."
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
5 Elements of Successful Emergency Management for ASCs
Price Transparency Will Save $100B: How ASCs Are Taking Advantage
5 Methods for All-Star Managed Care Contract Negotiations
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Republicans pull AHCA: 7 key notes
- The out-of-network co-pay conundrum – To waive or not to waive ... And how?
- Mobile apps equally effective as in-person visit following ambulatory surgery: 4 things to know
- Ambulatory services market to increase at 6% CAGR through 2024: 5 notes
- Dr. Cheryl Pegus: 5 strategies to becoming a physician leader