Surgery Center of Reno Initiative Identifies $95k in Savings
report from Regent Surgical Health.
Ms. Roberts challenged her staff to improve quality; patient, physician and staff satisfaction; and the center's bottom line. The center created the Surgical Tactics and Recognition Committee with the mission of adding "value to the facility by providing ongoing services that evaluate clinical practice, promote clinical responsibility and support professional development."
Within five months of creating the STAR Committee, it identified $95,000 in cost savings. The committee sought input from clinical and non-clinical staff.
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
Physicians Realty Trust Acquires Montana Surgery Center for $4M
100 Physician Leaders to Know in the ASC Industry
What's Ahead for the ASC Industry in 2014?
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
3 Tips for Dealing With Disrespectful EmployeesRead Now
- "Joining an ACO, Being Employed by the Hospital, Immediate Benefits and Drawbacks and Long Term Prospects for the Spine Surgeon"
- ASC Payer Trends: Evolving Market Creates Opportunities for ASCs
- 4 Recent GI-Driven Center Openings & Technology Acquisitions
- CASA Welcomes 9 New Surgery Center Members
- Beverly Hills Surgery Center Hosts 1st Single-Site Robotic Hysterectomy in LA