Suncoast Surgery Center to Perform Facility's First Laser Cataract Surgery
Jonathan M. Frantz, MD, a LASIK specialist who practices at Suncoast Surgery Center in Fort Myers, Fla., will soon be the first and only eye surgeon in southwest Florida to offer cataract surgery with Alcon's LenSx, according to a Lehigh Acres Citizen report.
Dr. Frantz plans to perform the first bladeless laser cataract surgery procedures at his center within two weeks. "We are proud to offer the most advanced eye care treatment for our cataract patients in Southwest Florida," he said.
LenSx utilizes a femtosecond laser, which has been used to perform LASIK surgery since FDA approval in 2001, and offers an alternative to the mechanical cuts made in traditional LASIK.
Related Articles on LASIK:
8 Milestones for Surgery Centers & Physicians
Dallas Surgeon Dr. William Boothe Performs 130,000th LASIK Surgery
Abbott Receives FDA Clearance for Use of Femtosecond Laser for Arcurate Incisions
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Study: Romney's Healthcare Reform Law Did Not Increase Hospital Use, Costs
- Value-Based Physician Compensation: How 2 Organizations Are Navigating It
- 100 Leaders of Great Hospitals in America
- 12 Statistics on ASC Administrator Salaries
- UnityPoint Health — Trinity Bettendorf to Open Pain Management Center