PPACA-Related Malpractice Considerations: 5 Key Areas
Physicians Practice report, Jeffrey D. Brunken, president and chairman of the board of The MGIS Companies, discusses the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act and malpractice as well as lays out areas that physicians, risk managers and the insurance industry should look into.
Here are the five PPACA-related malpractice considerations:
1. Implications of clinical standards.
2. Claims based on miscommunication.
3. Claims based on the misconduct of others.
4. Increasing patient caseloads that may tax already over-burdened doctors.
5. Changing physician demographics and medical errors based on the changes.
More Articles on Practice Management:Successful Small Businesses: 8 Words of Wisdom From Entrepreneurs
6 Recent Articles on Medical Practice Marketing Tips
5 Ways to Avoid Potential & Unexpected Medical Lawsuits
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review