Oregon Outpatient Surgery Center to Offer Surgical Program for Veterans
Through the Save Our Veterans: Surgery Center Assistance for Veterans program, one day each quarter the Oregon Outpatient Surgery Center will provide free surgical care for veterans with pressing medical issues.
The surgery center will work with veterans groups to identify candidates. The preoperative care, surgery and postoperative care will be provided at no charge to the patients.
“I strongly believe that every veteran deserves the highest quality healthcare. My own father was a WWII vet. The privileges and success we enjoy today are due to the prior sacrifices of others. We need to pay that debt forward,” said Dr. Edelson.
The program is expected to officially launch in July.
More Articles on ASC Issues:
7 Things for ASC Leaders to Know for Thursday
5 Recent ASC Industry Leadership Moves
10 Areas of Focus for ASC Facility Reviews
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Boston Scientific sells distribution center for $31M, Exact Sciences stock drops 5.17% & more –4 GI/endoscopy company key notes
- Zika virus may be linked to eye damage in babies — 6 points
- Zika virus impacts United Blood Services — 4 insights
- Canadian and US researchers explore social media in public health — 5 observations
- 3 things to know about Illinois workers' comp fee schedule rates