Oregon Outpatient Surgery Center to Offer Surgical Program for Veterans
Through the Save Our Veterans: Surgery Center Assistance for Veterans program, one day each quarter the Oregon Outpatient Surgery Center will provide free surgical care for veterans with pressing medical issues.
The surgery center will work with veterans groups to identify candidates. The preoperative care, surgery and postoperative care will be provided at no charge to the patients.
“I strongly believe that every veteran deserves the highest quality healthcare. My own father was a WWII vet. The privileges and success we enjoy today are due to the prior sacrifices of others. We need to pay that debt forward,” said Dr. Edelson.
The program is expected to officially launch in July.
More Articles on ASC Issues:
7 Things for ASC Leaders to Know for Thursday
5 Recent ASC Industry Leadership Moves
10 Areas of Focus for ASC Facility Reviews
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
6 statistics on ASC assetsRead Now
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Marla Dubinsky of Mount Sinai Hospital
- CMOSIS plans to open U.S. office
- Fischer Laser Eye Center among first to adopt topography-assisted LASEK procedure
- British Journal of Anaesthesia names Dr. Kane Pryor to associate editorial board
- Pivotal moments in GI: 4 gastroenterologists share the turning points of their career