Oregon Outpatient Surgery Center to Launch Military Veterans Program
The surgery center was prompted to offer free services after reports came out last month of veterans waiting in long lines for surgical procedures at Veterans Affairs hospitals. The program is called "Save Our Veterans: Surgery Center Assistance for Veterans."
The program is expected to begin in early July and the surgeons expect to perform about 15 free surgical procedures for veterans each quarter.
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
100 ASC Administrators to Know
What Are ASC Success Indicators for the Future?
Trending ASC Market Activity in 2014
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Will the GOP approve Zika funding before recess? 4 takeaways
- Boston small business employees to witness insurance rate hikes: 5 insights
- Virtual healthcare market set to grow at CAGR of 49.8% to 2022: 4 points
- EndoChoice releases RescueNet retrieval device: 4 points
- 33 winners of AGA Research Foundation's 2016 awards