Oregon Outpatient Surgery Center to Launch Military Veterans Program
The surgery center was prompted to offer free services after reports came out last month of veterans waiting in long lines for surgical procedures at Veterans Affairs hospitals. The program is called "Save Our Veterans: Surgery Center Assistance for Veterans."
The program is expected to begin in early July and the surgeons expect to perform about 15 free surgical procedures for veterans each quarter.
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
100 ASC Administrators to Know
What Are ASC Success Indicators for the Future?
Trending ASC Market Activity in 2014
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Researchers target 3 improvement areas to reduce pediatric adverse events: 4 observations
- GI leader to know: Dr. Joseph F. Hacker III of Gastroenterology Associates
- Retired anesthesiologist David Lober runs for First Selectman seat: 4 things to know
- Lumendi adds two executives: 3 things to know
- Frontier, Liberty Endoscopy Center open GI-based ASC in New York: 5 key notes