Oregon Outpatient Surgery Center to Launch Military Veterans Program
The surgery center was prompted to offer free services after reports came out last month of veterans waiting in long lines for surgical procedures at Veterans Affairs hospitals. The program is called "Save Our Veterans: Surgery Center Assistance for Veterans."
The program is expected to begin in early July and the surgeons expect to perform about 15 free surgical procedures for veterans each quarter.
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
100 ASC Administrators to Know
What Are ASC Success Indicators for the Future?
Trending ASC Market Activity in 2014
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- GI leader to know: Dr. Russell Cohen of The University of Chicago Medicine
- NJ Association of Ambulatory Surgery Centers sends members to Capitol Hill in support of access to care bills: 3 takeaways
- Senior in home care start-up Hometeam names CMO: 4 takeaways
- Pain Con Pain Consultants at Piedmont receives accreditation: 3 takeaways
- Obalon Therapeutics 3 balloon capsule system safe, effective for obesity treatment: 5 takeaways