Oregon Outpatient Surgery Center first ASC in Northwest to perform total hip replacement: 3 things to know
1. The first total hip replacement procedure at the center was performed by orthopedic surgeon James Ballard, MD, on May 8. The same patient, a 54-year old man, had his second hip replaced at the center on June 19.
2. Oregon Outpatient Surgery Center is offering both posterior and anterior total hip replacement. Patients undergoing the total joint replacement procedure at the surgery center go home the same day. They receive one-on-one nursing care in the recovery room and begin to walk on crutches a few hours after the procedure.
3. Oregon Outpatient Surgery Center is certified for 23-hour stays and has three operating rooms. In addition to total hip replacement, the ASC offers partial and total knee replacement, neurosurgery, spine surgery, general surgery, podiatry, ENT, ophthalmology and pain management.
More Articles on ASC Issues:
Northstar Healthcare names Harry Fleming president
100 things for ASC leaders to know in 2014
6 valuable ASC financial reports you're likely not running
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- AANA stands in support of Prescription Opioid and Heroin Epidemic Awareness Week: 3 notes
- White House promotes initiatives for Prescription Opioid and Heroin Epidemic Awareness Week: 5 notes
- 1st ASC earns The Joint Commission's advanced certification: 3 notes on Ohio Specialty Surgical Suites
- Kenneth Rainin Foundation awards $3M in IBD research grants: 5 notes
- US Sen. Susan Collins honored for CRC screening initiatives: 3 notes