Number of Hours Per Week Physicians Spend Seeing Patients: 8 Statistics
Medscape Physician Compensation Report 2014.
The report includes responses from more than 24,000 physicians in 25 specialties.
When asked how many hours per week they spend seeing patients, respondents reported the following:
• Less than 30 hours — 13 percent
• 30 to 40 hours — 33 percent
• 41 to 45 hours — 15 percent
• 46 to 50 hours — 14 percent
• 51 to 55 hours — 6 percent
• 56 to 60 hours — 7 percent
• 61 to 65 hours — 3 percent
• More than 65 hours — 6 percent
More Articles on Practice Management:28% of Orthopedic Surgeons Currently, Plan to Participate in ACOs
10 Ways to Improve Collections at Medical Practices
7 Ways to Earn Respect, Rather Than Demand It
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
6 Must-Reads for ASC Turnaround SuccessRead Now
- ASA Affiliates Receive American Society of Association Executives' Power of A Award
- New Physician Buy-In: 4 Trends for Joint Venture ASCs
- Surgery Center of Kenai Opens, Seeks Transfer Agreement
- University of Rochester Medicine to Open ASC in August
- Dr. Brennan Spiegel to Lead New Cedars-Sinai Research, Education Center