Number of Hours Per Week Physicians Spend Seeing Patients: 8 Statistics
Medscape Physician Compensation Report 2014.
The report includes responses from more than 24,000 physicians in 25 specialties.
When asked how many hours per week they spend seeing patients, respondents reported the following:
• Less than 30 hours — 13 percent
• 30 to 40 hours — 33 percent
• 41 to 45 hours — 15 percent
• 46 to 50 hours — 14 percent
• 51 to 55 hours — 6 percent
• 56 to 60 hours — 7 percent
• 61 to 65 hours — 3 percent
• More than 65 hours — 6 percent
More Articles on Practice Management:28% of Orthopedic Surgeons Currently, Plan to Participate in ACOs
10 Ways to Improve Collections at Medical Practices
7 Ways to Earn Respect, Rather Than Demand It
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Dr. John T. Moor featured in hip replacement articleRead Now
- Patient safety tool: Qualis Health's online toolkit for engaging patients in infection control
- 18 Sheridan anesthesiologists to serve on Florida Society of Anesthesiology's board of directors
- Board-administrator relationship is important: Q&A with Longmont Surgery Center's Angie Blankinship
- Health Net allows knee, hip replacement in select California ASCs
- Dr. John T. Moor featured in hip replacement article