New Tampa Surgery Center Brings In New Back Pain Treatment
perform the AccuraScope back pain procedure at the New Tampa Surgery Center, part of the Surgery Partners system.
The AccuraScope is a minimally invasive procedure that diagnoses and treats intervertebral lumbar discs, spinal stenosis and other chronic back pain causes. The procedure uses an endoscopic fiber-optic scope to examine the spinal canal and discs for abnormalities and then is able to treat the cause.
The procedure usually takes 30 to 40 minutes, according to a news release. The outpatient surgery center has AAAHC accreditation and includes two operating rooms and two procedure rooms.
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
ASC Management & Development Companies: A Growing Market Power?
8 Tactics to Boost ASC Patient Volume in Competitive Markets
Minimally Invasive Foot & Ankle Surgery in the ASC: Q&A With Babak Baravarian
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
4 Statistics on Wasted OR ResourcesRead Now
- Randy Oostra, Michael Sanborn, and Dr. Michael Schatzlein to Speak at Becker's Hospital Meeting
- 6 Questions to Help Identify the Best Candidates for Hire
- Medical Device Industry leader to Know: Guntmar Eisen of Paradigm Spine
- Unique Methods of Payment: Opportunities for ASCs?
- ASC M&A Activity: 4 Big Trends for 2014 From HealthCare Appraisers