Morsani ASC Medical Director Gets Lifetime Achievement Award: 5 Things to Know
Dr. Cox is the medical director of the Morsani Ambulatory Surgery Center on the campus of South Florida College of Medicine, where he serves as a professor of breast surgery. Here are five things to know about Dr. Cox and Morsani ASC:
1. Dr. Cox was instrumental in founding the University's Comprehensive Breast Health Program. The program was founded in 1984 and moved to the Moffitt Cancer and Research Institute in 1986.
2. Harpers Bazaar cited Dr. Cox as a leading expert in the field in 1998. In the Tribune article, Dr. Cox said, "I think the overriding consideration is no one cares how much you know unless they know how much you care."
3. USF Morsani ASC is fully accredited and Medicare-certified for outpatient surgery. It's located on the second floor of the USF Carol and Frank Morsani Center for Advanced healthcare building.
4. The ASC includes several gastroenterology and colonoscopy procedures. The ASC has six endoscopy suites, each with an Olympus high-definition endoscope. The ASC also has onsite instrument sterilization.
5. The ASC opened in September 2008. The building also includes an imaging center and more than 50 clinic exam rooms, a patient outreach and education center and a full-service eatery.
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
3 More Key Trends Impacting ASC Growth in 2014
5 Recent ASC Industry Leadership Moves
OrthoCarolina Opens $4.9M Surgery Center: 5 Key Points
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- CMS update to emergency preparedness includes 5 updated areas for ASCs
- North Carolina gastroenterology groups merge: 4 key notes
- 7 things for ASC leaders to know for Monday — Jan. 23, 2017
- GI leader to know: Dr. Eduardo B.V. da Silveira of San Jose Gastroenterology
- 5 things to know about Pres. Trump's executive order addressing the ACA