Massachusetts Avenue Surgery Center Seeks to Include 23-Hour Stays
The surgery center's executive director Randy Gross said the center is preparing to offer services for the 23-hour "overnight" stays for procedures where it's medically necessary. Even after adding those services, surgery at the ambulatory surgery center costs less than the same procedure at a hospital, according to the report.
The ASC currently includes orthopedics, urology, podiatry, gynecology and pain management.
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
10 Steps to Take Control of Implant Prices From ASC Leaders
Surgery Center of Reno Initiative Identifies $95k in Savings
40 Ambulatory Surgery Center Acquisition Agreements in 2013
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- The Future of ACOs for Anesthesiologists
- Healthcare Exchange Traded Funds See Biggest Boom in Years
- FDA Issues Draft Guidance on Off-Label Use Information Dissemination
- Surgical Care Affiliates President & CEO Andrew Hayek Among 2014 Aspen Institute Henry Crown Fellows
- A Look at ASC Valuation Through the Eyes of M&D Companies