Massachusetts Avenue Surgery Center Seeks to Include 23-Hour Stays
The surgery center's executive director Randy Gross said the center is preparing to offer services for the 23-hour "overnight" stays for procedures where it's medically necessary. Even after adding those services, surgery at the ambulatory surgery center costs less than the same procedure at a hospital, according to the report.
The ASC currently includes orthopedics, urology, podiatry, gynecology and pain management.
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
10 Steps to Take Control of Implant Prices From ASC Leaders
Surgery Center of Reno Initiative Identifies $95k in Savings
40 Ambulatory Surgery Center Acquisition Agreements in 2013
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
3 Tips for Dealing With Disrespectful EmployeesRead Now
- "Joining an ACO, Being Employed by the Hospital, Immediate Benefits and Drawbacks and Long Term Prospects for the Spine Surgeon"
- ASC Payer Trends: Evolving Market Creates Opportunities for ASCs
- 4 Recent GI-Driven Center Openings & Technology Acquisitions
- CASA Welcomes 9 New Surgery Center Members
- Beverly Hills Surgery Center Hosts 1st Single-Site Robotic Hysterectomy in LA