Is my team engaged? 10 steps to earning employee engagement
According to an article from the Association for Talent Development, employee engagement depends on one of five factors, including a sense of belonging, enjoyment of work time, alignment with the organizational mission, recognition and advancement. Each employee generally has one factor that is most dominant in his or her engagement.
Employers should measure employee engagement to manage and improve it, according to an article from CIO. The following are 10 tips to create a plan for boosting employee motivation from CIO.
1. Build a strategy from the top down, promoting leadership buy-in.
2. Conduct a survey to find out what motivates your employees to be engaged. Gallup offers a 12-item employee engagement employee questionnaire based on the five engagement factors. For information on the state of the workplace from Gallup, visit the organization's website.
3. Set goals and share them with the team.
4. Reduce the delay between performance and feedback, and keep a two-way avenue open for constructive feedback.
5. Evaluate the performance of the people managing your teams.
6. Set clear expectations and engage in regular communication with employees.
7. Conduct exit interviews.
8. Allow employees to have skin in the game. Empower them to share opinions and to work relatively independently
9. Consider implementing gamification in regular work as an additional employee motivator.
10. Make an effort to connect with your team as people, understanding what motivates them.
More articles on turnarounds:
7 ASCs making the news this week
5 off-beat digital marketing ideas
7 things for ASC leaders to know for Monday
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- National Patient Safety Foundation updates Online Patient Safety Curriculum: 6 points
- Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin wants to transform state's Medicaid program: 7 things to know
- Cloud technology equips the healthcare industry in digital-focused world — 5 observations
- Dr. Wa Xian receives AGA funding for IBD stem cell research: 4 notes
- Vitality Biopharma announces new patent filing for IBD pain relief: 4 notes