Improving Patient Satisfaction, Compliance: 5 Strategies
Family Practice Management article, Manoj Pawar, MD, a managing partner for Nivek Consulting, discusses ways to generate and maintain patient satisfaction as well as enhance patient compliance.
Here are the five ways:
1. Establish a sense of trust.
2. Uncover patients' actual needs
3. Encourage dialogue, and not a monologue.
4. Don't force patients into treatment plans that they are not comfortable with.
5. Always follow up with patients.
More Articles on Practice Management:28% of Orthopedic Surgeons Currently, Plan to Participate in ACOs
10 Ways to Improve Collections at Medical Practices
7 Ways to Earn Respect, Rather Than Demand It
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
20 Statistics on ASC vs. HOPD Medicare Patient CharacteristicsRead Now
- Patient Safety Tool: American Sentinel University's HAI Prevention E-Book for Nurses
- Study: Dopamine-Producing Brain Region Helps Restore Consciousness After General Anesthesia
- AAAHC: 4 Tips for Building an Infection Control Program
- 6 Must-Reads for ASC Turnaround Success
- 8 Endoscopy Center Administrators to Know