Illinois' Christie Clinic Becomes Joint Owner of Carle SurgiCenter in Champaign
Christie Clinic in Champaign, Ill., has become joint owner of the Carle SurgiCenter, also in Champaign, according to a News-Gazette report.
Terms of the detail were not disclosed, but a Carle SurgiCenter spokesperson said Christie Clinic will be a minority owner. Christie Clinic submitted an application to build a new surgery center in Champaign in 2006 but was denied by the state regulatory board based on a lack of perceived need in the community.
The outpatient surgery center has five procedure rooms and has been running at 80 percent capacity for "some time," according to executive vice president and CFO Dennis Hesch.
Related Articles on Transactions & Valuation:
Kansas' Via Christi Hospital Progresses With New Surgery Center
St. Luke's Hospital Miners to Build Medical Center With Outpatient Orthopedics
Missouri's Heartland Health Opens Hand, Cosmetic Surgery Center in St. Joseph
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Best Tips for Launching an Infection Risk Improvement Plan
- How to Manage and Leverage Vendor Relationships
- 3 Steps to Control Labor Costs
- 10 Steps to Immediately Improve Surgery Center Profits: Cost Reduction & Benchmarking
- Former CMS Head Dr. Don Berwick Officially Running for Massachusetts Governor