How Does Patient Loyalty Work?
• Defining patient loyalty. Patient loyalty hinges on three questions: Are you happy with your physician? Are you planning to return? Would you recommend your physician to someone else?
• Understanding why loyalties change. Patients' reasons for switching providers can trace back to cost, but more often the reason boils down to a desire for convenience, better service and better outcomes.
• What's next? As value-based care gains more traction, physician-patient relationships will become more important. Physicians will work to engage patients and reach out to their communities to do so.
More Articles on Physician Issues:
10 Factors Contributing to Damaged Physician Satisfaction
5 Statistics on Total Pay Package Incentives for Physicians
11 Statistics on the Influence of Patient Satisfaction, Value of Care on Physician Compensation
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- CDC pleads Congress to approve Zika funding quickly — 6 observations
- Will the bronze plan disappear soon? 4 takeaways
- WHO reports nearly 600 healthcare attacks in 19 countries — 6 things to know
- Is the VA lacking resources or funding less critical areas? 6 insights
- Dr. Kenneth Chang performs 1st TIF procedure using new EsophyX Z device: 6 things to know