Firelands Regional ASC Awards 7 Community Scholarships
Scholarship funds are donated by the ASC's physicians. Since the tradition began in 2002, the ASC has awarded 90 scholarships totaling $140,000 to students from six local high schools, according to the report.
The program was conceived to advance local high school graduates' education and generate interest in health professions.
More Articles on Turnarounds:
4 Opportunities for Trimming the Fat at ASCs
30 ASCs Making the News in June
7 Things for ASC Leaders to Know for Today
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
4 recent ASC industry leadership moves & honors – May 28, 2015Read Now
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Bergein Overholt of Gastrointestinal Associates
- 13 GI physicians making headlines – May 26, 2015
- DDW highlights: 3 GI physicians on what excited them most
- Dr. Lawrence Lavine travels to Guatemala on medical mission trip — 4 quick facts
- Pre-surgery MRSA decontamination drives down SSI rate in elective orthopedic procedures — 5 key notes