Erie Shriners ASC Receives $7.4M Gift
Mr. Burchfield, who lived in Sebring, Ohio, owned a car dealership, lumber business and retail store before his death three years ago at the age of 96. His donation is the largest Erie Shriners has ever received, according to the report.
Erie Shriners is an 87-year-old facility that was converted from a hospital to an ASC and outpatient center in 2012 to avoid closure.
More Articles on Turnarounds:
Which is One of the Biggest Missed Opportunities in ASC Cost-Cutting?
6 Ways for Medical Practice Staff to Improve Physician-Patient Relationships
3 Tips to Manage Business Priorities in Times of Growth
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Best ideas for increasing ASC visibility to physicians and patientsRead Now
- Medicare inspections & survey readiness: Key concepts for success
- Streamlining the Life Safety Code® Survey
- International Anesthesia Research Society to issue $1.3M+ in research awards in 2015
- Top 10 common physician credentialing mistakes ASCs make
- Financial leadership playbook: The essential skills for a CFO in gastroenterology