Dr. Jay Berman Performs 1st US Commercial Acessa Procedure at Berry Surgery CenterJay M. Berman, MD, performed the first commercial Acessa procedure for treating uterine fibroids in the United States at Berry Surgery Center in Farmington Hills, Mich.
Berry Surgery Center is affiliated with Detroit Medical Center's DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital. The procedure is a minimally invasive laparoscopic surgery that delivers radiofrequency energy to destroy fibroids, and after the treatment the fibroid is re-absorbed by surrounding tissue.
Dr. Berman is an associate professor and director of the division of gynecology in the department of obstetrics and gynecology at Wayne State University School of Medicine and associate chief medical officer of clinical operations at Wayne State University Physician Group.
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
5 Important Scheduler Quality to Improve ASC Scheduling
7 Revenue Cycle Enhancements for ASCs
Kona Surgery Center Adds Two Procedures
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest ASC news and feature stories from Becker's ASC Review, sign-up for the free Becker's ASC Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- House Votes to Repeal the PPACA — for 37th Time
- 6 Statistics on Concierge and Direct Pay Physician Practices
- Best Practices: Documentation and Reporting for Post-Operative Pain Management Procedures in Anesthesia
- 5 Things to Know About Medical Office Visits in 2012
- Medical Facilities Corporation Reports Higher Revenue After Arkansas Surgical Hospital Acquisition