Does It Make Sense to Outsource in Healthcare?
Now, more than ever, hospitals and health systems are concerned about their bottom lines. The federal sequester took a 2 percent bite out of Medicare reimbursements, and healthcare reform and other forces have led to lower inpatient volumes for many provider organizations. While several hospitals have turned to layoffs to address their cost concerns, still more are turning to another cost-saving solution: outsourcing.
Read the full Becker's Hospital Review report.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- 7 Guidelines for Preparing a News Release About Surgery Center Accreditation
- Hiring Physicians: 6 Questions Providing Insight Into Candidates
- Physicians: Timeline for 2014 Deadlines to Remember
- Spotlight on MMX Healthcare: Developing Reliable, Affordable Tools for ASC Data Tracking & Management
- Hand Hygiene Story Roundup