Carlsbad Surgery Center Surgeons Gives Back to the Community
As part of SDCMSF Project Access San Diego, physicians and surgeons will perform 10 procedures pro-bono for patients at Carlsbad Surgery Center, according to a Patch report.
The surgeries will include general surgery procedures such as hernia repair. The uninsured patients will receive care at the ASC to help them return to regular activities, according to the report. Physicians and surgeons include Adam Fierer, MD, Eileen Natuzzi, MD, Mark Ransom, MD, and Jenny Parker, MD.
Carlsbad Surgery Center hosted complimentary surgery day last September where a team treated 11 uninsured patients. The ASC is owned by physicians and was the first outpatient surgery center in Carlsbad, opened in January 2009.
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
5 Things to Know About ASC Transactions for the Next 5 Years From Luke Lambert of ASCOA
Biggest Opportunities for Orthopedics in ASCs: 3 Orthopedic Surgeons Discuss
6 Gastroenterologists on Biggest Challenges in the Field Today
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- 7 Guidelines for Preparing a News Release About Surgery Center Accreditation
- Hiring Physicians: 6 Questions Providing Insight Into Candidates
- Physicians: Timeline for 2014 Deadlines to Remember
- Spotlight on MMX Healthcare: Developing Reliable, Affordable Tools for ASC Data Tracking & Management
- Hand Hygiene Story Roundup