AmSurg 2Q revenue up, Northstar Healthcare leadership appointments & more — 5 recent key notes on ASC companies
In the second quarter of 2014, AmSurg revenue rose to $281.1 million, up 5 percent from $267.1 million in the second quarter of 2013.
Hospital Corporation of America reported a 14 percent increase in net income during the second quarter of this year, from $423 million in the second quarter of 2013 to $83 million this year.
Northstar Healthcare appointed Harry Fleming, MBA, as its president. Mr. Fleming has served as the company's CFO for the past 18 months. Andy Chen, previously vice president of finance, will step up to fill the role of CFO.
Orlando (Fla.) Health acquired a controlling interest in University Surgical Center in Winter Park, Fla., last quarter. United Surgical Partners International and Orlando Health now partner in ownership of the surgery center.
Tenet Healthcare stock traded at $53.61 per share during the week of July 21 to July 25, up 10.72 percent.
If you have a question, issue or note to suggest on an ASC management and development company please contact Carrie Pallardy at firstname.lastname@example.org or Laura Dyrda at email@example.com.
More Articles on ASC Issues:
9 ASCs adding spine, orthopedic procedures
4 smartest things ASC owners do today: Preparing for sale
100 ASC & physician practice coding, billing & revenue cycle tips
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Nurse leadership primer: 20 key points on finding, supporting & being a great nurse leader
- GI leader to know: Dr. Brett Thorpe of Provo Gastroenterology
- Manhattan Spine & Pain now AAAHC accredited: 3 key notes
- United to Protect Democracy calls for investigation into White House's role in blocked Anthem, Cigna merger: 4 key notes
- Demand for HAI prevention, control measures spurring hand hygiene market growth: 4 things to know