AmSurg 2Q revenue up, Northstar Healthcare leadership appointments & more — 5 recent key notes on ASC companies
In the second quarter of 2014, AmSurg revenue rose to $281.1 million, up 5 percent from $267.1 million in the second quarter of 2013.
Hospital Corporation of America reported a 14 percent increase in net income during the second quarter of this year, from $423 million in the second quarter of 2013 to $83 million this year.
Northstar Healthcare appointed Harry Fleming, MBA, as its president. Mr. Fleming has served as the company's CFO for the past 18 months. Andy Chen, previously vice president of finance, will step up to fill the role of CFO.
Orlando (Fla.) Health acquired a controlling interest in University Surgical Center in Winter Park, Fla., last quarter. United Surgical Partners International and Orlando Health now partner in ownership of the surgery center.
Tenet Healthcare stock traded at $53.61 per share during the week of July 21 to July 25, up 10.72 percent.
If you have a question, issue or note to suggest on an ASC management and development company please contact Carrie Pallardy at firstname.lastname@example.org or Laura Dyrda at email@example.com.
More Articles on ASC Issues:
9 ASCs adding spine, orthopedic procedures
4 smartest things ASC owners do today: Preparing for sale
100 ASC & physician practice coding, billing & revenue cycle tips
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
How ASCs can manage implant costs: 3 leaders weigh inRead Now
- Is your office culture killing or helping revenue? 3 ways to find out
- Do I Really Need an Investment Advisor? The 9 Reasons Physician-Investors Underperform Without Professional Management
- Do I Really Need an Investment Advisor? The 9Reasons Physician-Investors Underperform Without Professional Management
- 3 market drivers of the movement of spine, total joint cases to ASCs
- Novel techniques for managing postoperative pain following orthopedic and spinal procedures performed in ambulatory setting