Allergan acquiring Zeltiq for $2.5B: 4 key notes
Parsippany-Troy Hills, N.J.-based Allergan will acquire medical technology company Pleasanton, Calif.-based Zeltiq Aesthetics for $2.47 billion.
Here's what you should know.
1. Zeltiq's CoolSculpting System is its flagship product. The system is the cash pay body contouring segment's market leader.
2. Allergan agreed to pay Zeltiq shareholders $56.50 per share.
3. Chairman and CEO of Allergan Brent Saunders said, "The acquisition of Zeltiq is highly complementary and strategic to Allergan. By adding the best-in-class body contouring CoolSculpting System to our best-in-class facial aesthetics, plastic surgery and regenerative medicine offerings we are creating a world-class aesthetics business."
4. The acquisition is subject to shareholder approval. Allegan anticipates closing the transaction in 2017's second half.
More articles on improving health:
Allergan expects solid 2017 under Trump administration; Takeda faces antirust suit & more —3 GI companies making waves
Anthem sues Cigna over terminating merger: 4 key notes
9 joint ventures ASC in January/ February
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- 24 statistics on ASC company management fees
- 8 pharma companies doubled lobbying spend in Q1
- Envision Healthcare creates new physician services arm; Nobilis expects 2017 adjusted EBTIDA to hit $45M & more — 4 ASC company key notes
- GI leader to know: Dr. Adedayo Mokuolu of Desert Gastroenterology Associates
- Tenapanor provides 'compelling' symptom relief in phase IIb trial: 3 insights