9 Core Traits of Forward-Thinking Leaders
1. Commitment not to lead a "little" life — investing in people other than yourself.
2. Vision — combining individual aspirations toward a larger goal.
3. Voice — investing the time to create intentional communication with your team.
4. Heart — following your passion and investing in what you love.
5. Teambuilding — never automatically assuming superiority to others in the corporate hierarchy.
6. Backbone — remaining resilient and completing excellent work, even when it seems like it won't pay off.
7. Listening — this is arguably the most important leadership trait for earning the respect of peers and advancing business development.
8. Emotional intelligence — evaluating partnerships based on the personalities of the other parties as well as the hard data.
9. Diversity — creating an environment of inclusion for all people to foster greater collaboration
More Articles on Turnarounds:
7 Things for ASC Leaders to Know for Thursday
What Do Medical Practices Need to Consider When Hiring NPs or PAs?
ASC Market Activity: 2 Key Trends
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Do I Really Need an Investment Advisor? The 9Reasons Physician-Investors Underperform Without Professional ManagementRead Now
- Is your office culture killing or helping revenue? 3 ways to find out
- Do I Really Need an Investment Advisor? The 9 Reasons Physician-Investors Underperform Without Professional Management
- Do I Really Need an Investment Advisor? The 9Reasons Physician-Investors Underperform Without Professional Management
- 3 market drivers of the movement of spine, total joint cases to ASCs
- Novel techniques for managing postoperative pain following orthopedic and spinal procedures performed in ambulatory setting