Here are eight statistics on ambulatory surgery center operating expense per square foot, according to the VMG Multi-Specialty ASC Intellimarker 2011.
1. Total operating expenses per square foot: $364.31
2. Employee salary and wages: $108.92
3. Taxes and benefits: $25.24
4. Occupancy costs: $34.27
5. Medical and surgical: $103.02
6. Other medical costs: $7.17
7. Insurance: $3.90
8. General and administrative: $81.68
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
The Future of Spine Surgery at ASCs: Q&A With Meridian Surgical Partners President Kenny Hancock
12 Statistics for Ambulatory Surgery Center Revenue Cycle Management
10 Steps to Take Control of Implant Prices From ASC Leaders
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.