$792M Acquisition Deal, Q1 Financial Report & More – 6 Recent Key Notes on Symbion
1. Symbion agreed Surgery Partners would acquire the company for $792 million. After the deal closes, Surgery Partners will operate 100 facilities in 27 states with more than 2,400 physicians.
2. Symbion reported $133.97 million in first quarter 2014 revenue, up from $130.38 million in the first quarter of 2013.
3. The company also reported an increase in operating expenses, rising from $109.82 million in the first quarter of 2013 to $112.62 million in the first quarter of 2014.
4. Symbion facilities performed 51,970 cases during the first quarter of 2014, up from 51,906 in the same period in 2013. Revenue per case grew 4.3 percent from $2,602 to $2,713.
5. Symbion and Great Falls (Mont.) Clinic have partnered to build a new facility that will house a hospital, operating rooms, a procedure room and emergency room.
6. Clifford G. Adlerz, president and COO of Symbion in Nashville, Tenn., was elected treasurer of the Ambulatory Surgery Center Association for 2014.
More Articles on ASC Issues:
Payment Predicament: The Evolution of Managed Care Contracting Challenges
After Entering a Joint Venture: What Happens to ASC Accreditation?
5 ASCs Making the News This Week
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Transparency in ASC pricing - Why and how does it help?Read Now
- Is your office culture killing or helping revenue? 3 ways to find out
- Do I Really Need an Investment Advisor? The 9 Reasons Physician-Investors Underperform Without Professional Management
- Do I Really Need an Investment Advisor? The 9Reasons Physician-Investors Underperform Without Professional Management
- 3 market drivers of the movement of spine, total joint cases to ASCs
- Novel techniques for managing postoperative pain following orthopedic and spinal procedures performed in ambulatory setting