$792M Acquisition Deal, Q1 Financial Report & More – 6 Recent Key Notes on Symbion
1. Symbion agreed Surgery Partners would acquire the company for $792 million. After the deal closes, Surgery Partners will operate 100 facilities in 27 states with more than 2,400 physicians.
2. Symbion reported $133.97 million in first quarter 2014 revenue, up from $130.38 million in the first quarter of 2013.
3. The company also reported an increase in operating expenses, rising from $109.82 million in the first quarter of 2013 to $112.62 million in the first quarter of 2014.
4. Symbion facilities performed 51,970 cases during the first quarter of 2014, up from 51,906 in the same period in 2013. Revenue per case grew 4.3 percent from $2,602 to $2,713.
5. Symbion and Great Falls (Mont.) Clinic have partnered to build a new facility that will house a hospital, operating rooms, a procedure room and emergency room.
6. Clifford G. Adlerz, president and COO of Symbion in Nashville, Tenn., was elected treasurer of the Ambulatory Surgery Center Association for 2014.
More Articles on ASC Issues:
Payment Predicament: The Evolution of Managed Care Contracting Challenges
After Entering a Joint Venture: What Happens to ASC Accreditation?
5 ASCs Making the News This Week
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
7 things to ASC leaders to know for Thursday — July 30, 2015Read Now
- EHRs in ASCs: 5 thoughts for the present and future
- Seattle hospitals receive low infection control rating — ASCs maintain low risk
- 6 notes on primary care physicians' outlook on healthcare technology
- Dignity Health Saint Francis Memorial Hospital opens Orthopedic Institute — 6 things to know
- 'Probable' West Nile case in Ohio — 5 notes