7 Things to Know About the CASC Credential
1. The CASC (Certified Administrator Surgery Center) credential is a distinction earned by those in the ASC industry with a comprehensive understanding of the knowledge and skills that the role of an ASC administrator requires.
2. More than 650 people currently hold the CASC credential.
3. ASC administrators who hold the CASC credential say it is the quickest way to establish their ASC management expertise with their peers and a way to validate their experience and expertise.
4. ASCA's 2012 Salary and Benefits Survey indicated that ASC administrators with a clinical background who held the CASC credential that year earned an average of $17,000 more per year than their colleagues with comparable training who did not hold the credential.
5. The Board of Ambulatory Surgery Certification (BASC) administers the CASC program and now offers a practice exam[HYPERLINK TO www.aboutcasc.org]that ASC professionals can take to prepare for the actual exam that all applicants must pass to earn the CASC credential.
6. ASCA offers a comprehensive CASC review course that has helped hundreds of ASC professionals prepare for the CASC exam. The course will be offered next on Thursday, Oct. 9, during ASCA's Fall Seminar at the Talking Stick Resort in Scottsdale, Ariz., Oct. 9 to 11.
7. Registration is now open for the next CASC exam. That exam will be offered Saturday, Oct. 11, during ASCA’s Fall Seminar in Scottsdale. Candidates for the exam must sign up to take the test before August 30, 2014.
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
4 Great Opportunities for Trimming the Fat at ASCs
30 ASCs Making the News in June
100 ASC Industry Physician Leaders to Know
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- FDA clears EndoChoice's Orca endoscope valves — 3 highlights
- Black Book Research places Modernizing Medicine at #1 — 4 highlights
- Liver cancer survival rates show racial disparities — 5 points
- Certain solid foods improve colonoscopy outcomes — 4 points
- Gastroenterologist to know: Dr. Michael Fallon of University of Texas Medical School - Houston