7 things to know about physician demand: Practice setting, specialty & more
Just 8 percent of physicians were placed in private practice settings in 2015, according to The Medicus Firm's 2016 annual physician placement survey.
Here are seven key points from the survey.
1. Of the private practice physicians placed, approximately 5.3 percent were placed in a practice with guaranteed income. The remaining 1.7 percent were placed in a practice with a gross income guarantee.
2. The majority of physicians (92 percent) were placed as employees during the past year.
3. Primary care physicians were in the highest demand during 2015, accounting for 35.57 percent of all placements.
4. OB-GYN physicians and hospitalists closely followed primary care as top-placed specialties in 2015.
5. DO placement increased from 9.9 percent in 2014 to 11.74 percent in 2015.
6. Physician placement in urban areas grew significantly. In 2013, urban placement was 25 percent of all placements. In 2014, urban placement was 33.66 percent. In 2015, urban placement reached 36.76 percent of all placements.
7. During the 2015, the three highest bonus payments were paid to physicians in the pulmonary/critical care, internal medicine and hospital medicine specialties.
More articles on ASC issues:
The risky business of cutting costs – How this company is lowering costs without raising prices for its employees
12 new outpatient surgery centers in January 2016
Winchester Endoscopy Center, SCA partner: 4 things to know
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.