7 Things for ASC Leaders to Know for Thursday
Medicare-certified ASCs increase 1% in 2013.
In 2013, 141 new ASCs were Medicare-certified and 85 were decertified, which resulted in a 1.05 percent increase in ASCs. As of December 31, 2013, there were 5,374 Medicare-certified ASCs according to data from Healthcare Transactions Advisors.
ASCA elects new board of directors officers.
The Ambulatory Surgery Center Association elected Terry Bohlke, CASC, vice president of National Surgical Hospitals, president of the board. Other new offices include:
• Rebecca R. Craig, RN, CASC, CEO of Harmony Surgery Center and Peak Surgical Management in Fort Collins, Colo.: vice president
• Judy Harless, MBA, CASC, administrator of SMI Surgery Center in San Diego: secretary
• Clifford G. Adlerz, president and COO of Symbion: treasurer
Price transparency initiatives could cut $100B in health spending.
Increased healthcare price transparency could potentially play a considerable role in payment reform and help contain costs, according to an analysis released by the nonprofit West Health Policy Center. If policy makers implemented a number of price transparency interventions they could reduce healthcare spending by $100 billion. Read the full report on Becker's Hospital Review.
Bedford ASC participates in bundled payments pilot program.
Bedford (N. H.) Ambulatory Surgical Center and health plan Harvard-Pilgrim Healthcare launched a bundled payments pilot program focused on colonoscopy. The program includes various bundled fees based on patient risk factors. Thus far this year, 44 Harvard-Pilgrim patients have undergone colonoscopy through the program.
Nueterra Global Alliance partners with North Carolina surgery center.
Nueterra Global Alliance partnered with Surgery Center of Pinehurst (N.C.) to develop transparency pricing options. "We're excited to add another partner to what has become an incredible global healthcare network," said David Miller, NGA president, in a news release.
Independence ASC celebrates 20th anniversary.
Independence (Mo.) ASC and its physician practice partner Consultants in Gastroenterology celebrated 20 years of providing GI care. The private practice Consultants in Gastroenterology formed in 1994 and opened the endoscopy center the same year.
Avanza Healthcare Strategies releases new ASC benchmarks.
Avanza Healthcare Strategies published a compilation of operational and financial benchmarks for ASCs. The benchmarks focus on areas such as revenue per case, payer mix, accounts receivable days and operating time.
More Articles on ASC Issues:
ACG, AGA, ASGE Meet With CMS to Discuss GI Value & Reimbursement: 4 Things to Know
9 Threats to ASC Revenue Cycle Management Success
5 Key Thoughts on Pain Management This Year
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Nobilis Q2 case volume rallies 5.4%; AmSurg's Board Chairman Steve Geringer appointed Revelstoke operating partner — 5 key notes on ASC companies
- Middle Tennessee School of Anesthesia works to decrease opioid usage: 3 notes
- FDA clears Pure-Vu System for intra-procedural colon cleaning: 3 notes
- FDA approves STELARA for Crohn's disease treatment: 5 notes
- AGA objects to American Board of Internal Medicine's certification proposals: 4 notes