7 statistics on general surgeon payment models
Here are seven points from the report:
1. 26 percent are currently participating in accountable care organizations.
2. 11 percent are not participating in ACOs but plan to by the end of this year.
3. 4 percent are in a cash-only practice.
4. 2 percent are in a concierge practice.
5. 80 percent of employed and 58 percent of self-employed general surgeons will continue taking new and current Medicare and Medicaid patients.
6. 1 percent of employed and 1 percent of self-employed general surgeons planned to stop taking current Medicare or Medicaid patients during the data collection period.
7. 12 percent of self-employed and 3 percent of employed general surgeons stopped taking new Medicare and Medicaid patients.
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
5 Hospitals Planning or Opening ASCs
ASCA Cuts Ribbon for Office Renovation
AmSurg Completes $2.35B Sheridan Acquisition
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.