7 ASCs making the news
The following are seven ambulatory surgery centers that have made the news locally, at the state level or nationally in the past week.
Has your ASC made the news lately? Is there a newsworthy announcement you'd like to share? Email Becker's ASC Review Editor Ellie Rizzo at firstname.lastname@example.org with your ASC's news (or the link to it) to have it included in this roundup.
1. As part of the Symbion acquisition, Chicago-based Surgery Partners announced it will purchase the Honolulu Spine Center for $5.82 million.
2. Oregon Outpatient Surgery Center in Tigard became the first ambulatory surgery center in the Northwest to perform outpatient total hip replacement.
3. Orlando (Fla.) Health invested $1.4 million in Orlando Health/USP Surgery Centers.
4. Associated Endoscopy in Hermitage, Tenn., and St. Thomas Medical Group Endoscopy Center in Nashville, Tenn., partnered with MDSave to create a colonoscopy bundled pricing program.
5. Woolfson Eye Institute in Atlanta, an ASC specializing in ophthalmology, celebrated its fourth anniversary.
5. Oklahoma City-based Surgery Center of Oklahoma announced it has saved the Oklahoma County government approximately $573,000 in medical bills in the five months of its agreement with the county to provide surgery for public employees.
6. Ara Deukmedjian, MD, opened the Surgery Center of Viera in Melbourne, Fla.
More articles on turnarounds:
Why is innovation so elusive?
How can ASCs optimize cost-cutting efforts? 3 tried-and-true strategies
Surgeon, anesthesiologist top list of meaningful, well-compensated jobs
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Zacks weighs in on Tenet shares — 3 notes
- 4 key points on NYU Langone Medical Center & Winthrop-University Hospital's affiliation & their growing ASC network
- Top 10 states with the highest HIV diagnoses rates
- 5 things to know about the new healthcare scam linked to the ACA
- Auditors claim Obama administration illegally distributed payments to payers under ACA reinsurance program — 5 key points