6 Ways for Medical Practice Staff to Improve Physician-Patient Relationships
Physicians Practice article, Owen Dahl, a nationally recognized medical practice management consultant and author, discusses strategies that medical practice staff can use to improve the physician-patient relationship.
Here are the six strategies.
1. Identify different types of patient visits.
2. Conduct a clinic huddle each morning.
3. Prescreen patients at scheduling.
4. Clearly delineate staff roles.
5. Monitor patient wait-times.
6. Develop staff scripts for challenging patient encounters.
More Articles on Practice Management:28% of Orthopedic Surgeons Currently, Plan to Participate in ACOs
10 Ways to Improve Collections at Medical Practices
7 Ways to Earn Respect, Rather Than Demand It
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Columbus Eye Surgery Center's Dr. Robert Derick provides charitable care in NicaraguaRead Now
- Joint Commission, National Quality Forum give 3 patient safety, quality awards
- Foundation HealthCare CEO to present at the ROTH Capital Partners 27th Annual Growth Stock Conference
- FDA clears 4 GI/endoscopy devices in February
- UCLA patient sues Olympus, Boston Scientific product earns FDA clearance & more – 6 GI/endoscopy company key notes
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Hashem El-Serag of Baylor College of Medicine