6 Ways for Medical Practice Staff to Improve Physician-Patient Relationships
Physicians Practice article, Owen Dahl, a nationally recognized medical practice management consultant and author, discusses strategies that medical practice staff can use to improve the physician-patient relationship.
Here are the six strategies.
1. Identify different types of patient visits.
2. Conduct a clinic huddle each morning.
3. Prescreen patients at scheduling.
4. Clearly delineate staff roles.
5. Monitor patient wait-times.
6. Develop staff scripts for challenging patient encounters.
More Articles on Practice Management:28% of Orthopedic Surgeons Currently, Plan to Participate in ACOs
10 Ways to Improve Collections at Medical Practices
7 Ways to Earn Respect, Rather Than Demand It
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Key legal issues for ASCs: The PPACA becomes a game changerRead Now
- 4 recent ASC industry leadership moves – Oct. 23, 2014
- 7 things for ASC leaders to know for Thursday – Oct. 23, 2014
- Are big spine surgeries headed outpatient? For this ASC, it's already there
- Global market for anesthetic & respiratory devices to reach $19.6B by 2018
- 8 ways to handle difficult people