6 Traits Physicians Seek in a Practice Location
Physicians consider many aspects of a location before choosing to settle in and practice medicine there, but they find some traits more important than others, according to results from a Medscape survey.
The following are the factors physicians value most in a practice location, according to the survey:
• Comfortable, enjoyable living environment: 69 percent
• Family and friends live nearby: 45 percent
• Relative value of my specialty: 39 percent
• Climate or temperature: 34 percent
• Job opportunities: 31 percent
• Malpractice climate and premiums: 24 percent
The survey includes responses from more than 1,000 physicians. Respondents were asked to make multiple choices, so percentages add up to more than 100.
More Articles on Physician Recruitment:CEOs Share Strategies to Employ, Align Physicians
5 Keys for Physician Engagement
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- 60 Palm Beach Gardens Elementary students out sick to suspected norovirus — 5 things to know
- Early cancer detection found with free colonoscopies — 5 points
- Gastroenterologist to know: Dr. Kristine Krueger of University of Louisville School of Medicine
- Top Blue Shield of California executives rake in $18.8M — 8 insights into transparency & executive pay
- 5 healthcare transformations successful physicians will meet head on