6 Traits Physicians Seek in a Practice Location
Physicians consider many aspects of a location before choosing to settle in and practice medicine there, but they find some traits more important than others, according to results from a Medscape survey.
The following are the factors physicians value most in a practice location, according to the survey:
• Comfortable, enjoyable living environment: 69 percent
• Family and friends live nearby: 45 percent
• Relative value of my specialty: 39 percent
• Climate or temperature: 34 percent
• Job opportunities: 31 percent
• Malpractice climate and premiums: 24 percent
The survey includes responses from more than 1,000 physicians. Respondents were asked to make multiple choices, so percentages add up to more than 100.
More Articles on Physician Recruitment:CEOs Share Strategies to Employ, Align Physicians
5 Keys for Physician Engagement
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
5 tips for effective social media marketingRead Now
- Pain physicians - Beware of your CPA's advice on asset protection: The advice you get may be inaccurate
- President Barack Obama using Oregon Trail to drum-up young health insurance enrollees
- AAAHC accredits the Illinois University Student Health Services
- 15 statistics on ASC hours per case
- ASC by the numbers: 13 statistics