6 Traits Physicians Seek in a Practice Location
Physicians consider many aspects of a location before choosing to settle in and practice medicine there, but they find some traits more important than others, according to results from a Medscape survey.
The following are the factors physicians value most in a practice location, according to the survey:
• Comfortable, enjoyable living environment: 69 percent
• Family and friends live nearby: 45 percent
• Relative value of my specialty: 39 percent
• Climate or temperature: 34 percent
• Job opportunities: 31 percent
• Malpractice climate and premiums: 24 percent
The survey includes responses from more than 1,000 physicians. Respondents were asked to make multiple choices, so percentages add up to more than 100.
More Articles on Physician Recruitment:CEOs Share Strategies to Employ, Align Physicians
5 Keys for Physician Engagement
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Recruitment in 2015: 6 tips for better hiringRead Now
- Christmas bonuses for staff members: 2 strategies to avoid
- A new era for ASC partnerships — How to optimize payer & patient relationships
- Under-treating pain — Are physicians scared of addiction? The DEA?
- 16 biggest gainers & losers in healthcare stocks
- Baltimore Washington Eye Center adds Alcon CENTURION Vision System