6 Traits Physicians Seek in a Practice Location
Physicians consider many aspects of a location before choosing to settle in and practice medicine there, but they find some traits more important than others, according to results from a Medscape survey.
The following are the factors physicians value most in a practice location, according to the survey:
• Comfortable, enjoyable living environment: 69 percent
• Family and friends live nearby: 45 percent
• Relative value of my specialty: 39 percent
• Climate or temperature: 34 percent
• Job opportunities: 31 percent
• Malpractice climate and premiums: 24 percent
The survey includes responses from more than 1,000 physicians. Respondents were asked to make multiple choices, so percentages add up to more than 100.
More Articles on Physician Recruitment:CEOs Share Strategies to Employ, Align Physicians
5 Keys for Physician Engagement
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Top 5 Specialty Physicians Who Offer Ancillary ServicesRead Now
- 5 Recent ASC Industry Leadership Moves & Honors
- Barrington Pain and Spine Institute Gets State Approval for Spine Surgery Services
- Top 5 Specialty Physicians Who Offer Ancillary Services
- FOAA Anesthesia Services' Dr. Srinivas Sharma to Serve as Featured Panelist at Mid-Atlantic Anesthesia Research Conference
- FDA Recalls ARKON Anesthesia System With Version 2.0 Software