6 Traits Physicians Seek in a Practice Location
Physicians consider many aspects of a location before choosing to settle in and practice medicine there, but they find some traits more important than others, according to results from a Medscape survey.
The following are the factors physicians value most in a practice location, according to the survey:
• Comfortable, enjoyable living environment: 69 percent
• Family and friends live nearby: 45 percent
• Relative value of my specialty: 39 percent
• Climate or temperature: 34 percent
• Job opportunities: 31 percent
• Malpractice climate and premiums: 24 percent
The survey includes responses from more than 1,000 physicians. Respondents were asked to make multiple choices, so percentages add up to more than 100.
More Articles on Physician Recruitment:CEOs Share Strategies to Employ, Align Physicians
5 Keys for Physician Engagement
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
12 Tips for Running an Effective ASC From ASD ManagementRead Now
- A New Innovation in Postoperative Spine Surgery Pain Management: Q&A With Dr. Peter Whang of Yale
- Hawthorn Surgery Center Relocates ASC in Illinois
- Surgical Notes Launches Mobile Transcription App
- Hennepin County Medical Center to Build $191M Clinic, Outpatient Surgery Facility
- Sheridan Healthcare Takes Step Toward IPO