6 Traits Physicians Seek in a Practice Location
Physicians consider many aspects of a location before choosing to settle in and practice medicine there, but they find some traits more important than others, according to results from a Medscape survey.
The following are the factors physicians value most in a practice location, according to the survey:
• Comfortable, enjoyable living environment: 69 percent
• Family and friends live nearby: 45 percent
• Relative value of my specialty: 39 percent
• Climate or temperature: 34 percent
• Job opportunities: 31 percent
• Malpractice climate and premiums: 24 percent
The survey includes responses from more than 1,000 physicians. Respondents were asked to make multiple choices, so percentages add up to more than 100.
More Articles on Physician Recruitment:CEOs Share Strategies to Employ, Align Physicians
5 Keys for Physician Engagement
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
5 notes about Randy Rutledge joining ICF InternationalRead Now
- Energy management revenue for healthcare markets expected to hit $2.2B by 2024: 5 key points
- 5 notes about Randy Rutledge joining ICF International
- Medicare deaths, costs and hospitalizations down: 5 key notes
- Alliance seeking to repeal 'Cadillac' tax: 5 things to know
- 5 things to know about 'leaky' vaccines strengthening viruses