6 Top Small Towns for Physicians to Practice
Here were the top small towns to practice from all regions of the country:
1. West and Northwest: Douglas, Wyo., which has a top critical access hospital and is billed as a "wealth friendly" state.
2. Southwest and south central: Tyler, Texas, which is considered a regional healthcare hub and has low property taxes.
3. Great Lakes and North Central: Duluth, Minn., where there is little competition, good salaries and a full range of medical resources.
4. Northeast: Merrimack, N.H., with low malpractice claim rates and a young, educated population.
5. Mid-Atlantic: Blacksburg, Va., where there is a low cost of living and good schools.
6. LaGrange, Ga., with a low cost of living and many outdoor activities.
More Articles on Physician Practices:
5 Things ASCs Can Learn From Nasty Gal's Sophia Amoruso
6 Tips for New Leaders of Established Teams
Top 5 Metro Areas With Annual Mean Wages for PAs
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- SourceMed, Change Healthcare partner on outpatient medical billing services: 5 key points
- Change Healthcare and SourceMed partner in order to create integrated billing solutions for outpatient providers
- 5 risks ASC owners face when they don't have a succession plan
- 5 things to know about AAAHC's Dr. Arnaldo Valedon
- Global capsule endoscopy market to grow at CAGR 14.8% until 2020: 5 trends