6 Top Small Towns for Physicians to Practice
Here were the top small towns to practice from all regions of the country:
1. West and Northwest: Douglas, Wyo., which has a top critical access hospital and is billed as a "wealth friendly" state.
2. Southwest and south central: Tyler, Texas, which is considered a regional healthcare hub and has low property taxes.
3. Great Lakes and North Central: Duluth, Minn., where there is little competition, good salaries and a full range of medical resources.
4. Northeast: Merrimack, N.H., with low malpractice claim rates and a young, educated population.
5. Mid-Atlantic: Blacksburg, Va., where there is a low cost of living and good schools.
6. LaGrange, Ga., with a low cost of living and many outdoor activities.
More Articles on Physician Practices:
5 Things ASCs Can Learn From Nasty Gal's Sophia Amoruso
6 Tips for New Leaders of Established Teams
Top 5 Metro Areas With Annual Mean Wages for PAs
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- CMS launches 2 new patient engagement models
- 10 key trends in employers offering insurance benefits
- OrthoGeorgia surgeons perform 1st MAKO partial knee replacement in a Georgia ASC: 5 things to know
- Orlando Health's ambulatory care center makes da Vinci robotic system permanently available
- AAAHC accredits Mississippi Urology Outpatient Surgery Center: 4 key notes