6 Tips for Transitioning From Residency to New Medical Practice
Family Practice Management article, Dale J. Block, MD, a family physician practicing in Mason, Ohio, lays out tips for a successful transition from residency to medical practice.
Here are six tips:
1. Strike a work-life balance.
2. Be humble.
3. Avoid office politics, especially when it comes to administrative policies.
4. Use social media carefully and ethically.
5. Create growth opportunities for the practice.
6. Respect your professional colleagues.
More Articles on Practice Management:Team-Based Pre-Procedural Pause Makes For Near-Perfect Checklist Completion
Medical Practice Marketing: 5 Common Mistakes
7 Statistics on Number of Patients Physicians See Per Day
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
6 valuable ASC financial reports you're likely not runningRead Now
- Boosting pay at eye centers: Q&A with Bergen-Passaic Cataract Surgery Center's Caroline Ivanovski-Hauser
- American Society of Anesthesiologists launches Perioperative Surgical Home Learning Collaborative
- 5 surgical time-out solutions
- New anesthesia algorithm boosts sleep apnea diagnoses, saves lives
- Humble leaders could be the most profitable: here's why