6 Tips for New Leaders of Established Teams
Here are six tips for new leaders:
1. Avoid coming in with a pre-conceived plan.
2. Become a sponge, and learn all aspects of the business quickly.
3. Don't make changes before you have had time to notice patterns.
4. Give existing team members the respect they deserve.
5. Take note of strengths.
6. Do not be afraid to be unpopular.
More Articles on Practice Management:28% of Orthopedic Surgeons Currently, Plan to Participate in ACOs
10 Ways to Improve Collections at Medical Practices
7 Ways to Earn Respect, Rather Than Demand It
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
How to turn ASC staffing from a cost-center into a value center — 8 key stepsRead Now
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Anne Henkel of Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
- Study: High intake of marine omega-3 oils lowers risk of certain CRC subtypes
- Otonomy names Dr. Dean Hakanson CMO
- MIS approach for colectomy patients results in short-& long-term cost savings, study finds
- 5 healthcare stocks that are hot right now