6 surgery centers making the news
Has your ASC made the news lately? Is there a newsworthy announcement you'd like to share? Email Becker's ASC Review Editor Ellie Rizzo at firstname.lastname@example.org with your ASC's news (or the link to it) to have it included in this weekly roundup.
1. Davis (Calif.) Surgery Center and UC Davis Medical Center in Sacramento, Calif., created an affiliation agreement that allows UC Davis orthopedic surgeons to perform cases at the surgery center.
2. Mercy Medical Center Sioux City and United Surgical Partners International partnered to acquire a majority interest in Siouxland Surgery Center in Dakota Dunes (S.D).
3. Orthopaedic Associates of Maryland Surgery Center and Ellicott City (Md.) Ambulatory Surgery Center merged and will consolidate operations in Ellicott City. http://www.beckersasc.com/asc-transactions-and-valuation-issues/orthopaedic-associates-of-maryland-asc-ellicott-city-asc-merge-4-things-to-know.html
Mebane (N.C.) Medical Park ASC is welcoming Dana Bryant, RN, as its new director.
4. Sansum Clinic, based in Santa Barbara, Calif., has nearly completed construction of its Foothill Medical and Surgical Center, which will house an ambulatory surgery center.
5. Phoenix-based Southwestern Eye Center was profiled for its history of use of private airplanes to expand its area of coverage.
6. GI Associates and Endoscopy Center is consolidating its Flowood, Miss., and Jackson, Miss., locations into a new facility in Flowood.
More Articles on Turnarounds:
7 Statistics on General Surgeon Payment Models
7 Things for ASC Leaders to Know for Monday
5 Great Articles on Building ASC Business
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Opinion: How to get in the flow and snuff out distractionsRead Now
- Fujifilm's ground breaking technology
- 3 ASCs that aced accreditation surveys
- U.S. Anesthesia Partners adds Anesthesia Consultants of Dallas
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Ashwin Ananthakrishnan of Massachusetts General Hospital
- Postop NSAIDs increases anastomotic complication risk among colorectal resection patients, study finds