6 Eye Centers Earn AmSurg Cataract Innovators: Patient Education
named six eye surgery centers as cataract innovators in patient education.
The Cataract Innovator program is the gold standard for AmSurg ophthalmology centers. Recognized centers for patient education must collaborate with physician practice schedulers to improve the pre-op education process, provide patient information brochures and have them available online, and include a patient education coordinator.
The recognized centers include:
• EyeCare Consultants Surgery Center in Evansville, Ind.
• Foundation for Advanced Eye Care in Sunrise, Fla.
• McCannel Eye Surgery in Edina, Minn.
• Minneapolis Eye Center in Golden Valley, Minn.
• Physicians' Eye Surgery Center in Charleston, S.C.
• The Eye Surgery Center in Bloomfield, Conn.
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
7 Tips for Effectively Managing ASC Billing Process
Robotic Knee Surgery at ASCs: Benefits, Challenges & Logistics
5 New & Expanded Joint Venture Ambulatory Surgery Centers
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
4 Tips for Encouraging Teamwork in the WorkplaceRead Now
- Mary Beth Briscoe, Michael Dewerff, and Ben Dunford to Speak at Becker's Hospital Meeting
- Colonoscopies in Ambulatory Surgery Centers: Saving Lives Through Increased Screening and Advances in Technology
- "Running an Effective In-House Business Office"
- Pain Management Implications in the ASC Setting
- 5 Exciting Presentations at Becker's Spine, Orthopedic & Pain Management-Driven ASC Conference